Is Glyn Williams really that versatile???

Discussion of playing techniques. What do you think of different instruments and accessories?

Dave Payn

Is Glyn Williams really that versatile???

Post by Dave Payn »

Having just read the 4br review of Glyn Williams' latest CD, can he really be that good on all those instruments? I haven't heard the CD yet but intend to get it soon but it got me thinking. Let's take Iwan Fox's review as read (and there's no reason not to) but if you remember the likes of John Fletcher on tuba multitracking for a couple of items on some PJBE recordings and The Englsih Brass Ensemble multitracking six players for their version of Widor's Symphony No. 5 on their 'Toccata' CD...... I wonder whether Glyn Williams has contemplated multitracking himself enough to perform a brass band work all by himself! Bars' rest to consider when laying down the first couple of tracks, maybe but if anyone can do it, perhaps he can.

Just a thought that crossed my mind on reading the review. Thoughts welcome.
Conductor, Arran Brass. Brass Band tutor for the Workers' Music Association Summer School. Founder and director, Arran Brass Monkeys Quintet.
Highams

Post by Highams »

I've not heard his act where he does this, but all the reports confirm that it's quite amazing!

Have you heard the new London Brass CD with Surprise Variations on it? brilliant!

CB
Aspire & Be Inspired