Yamaha Maestro Cornet for sale

Anything to sell and buy that's brass band related (non-commercial sales only please).
jackoneill

Yamaha Maestro Cornet for sale

Post by jackoneill »

Hi all,

I currently have a Yamaha Maestro cornet for sale. No longer needed after c. 10 years of ownership and about 5 years of use (I've defected to trumpet playing!).

I've copied and pasted my Gumtree ad here because I'm lazy... :)

A superb, professional model, top of the range, Yamaha Maestro 6335 cornet in its original case. Clear lacquer finish and in very good condition with the usual marks of 10 years of careful use. It has been looked after and loved dearly, being used in tours with the award winning Northamptonshire Youth Brass Band in the Albert Hall, Festival hall, as well as tours in France, Italy & Spain. There is normal wear to the lacquer in places on the lead pipe and a small dent on the bell which has been professionally taken out. These areas don't really detract from the overall good appearance of this lovely cornet but I don't want the buyer to get any surprises. It was fully serviced in Feb '14 and not played since. Comes with 2 mouthpieces - a Denis Wick RW3 & a (slightly battered) Yamaha 7C. It's been my pride and joy for 10 years and, although I've tried other cornets along the way, I've never played one I liked better. I'm selling as I don't have use for it these days as I am more into playing trumpet. I am in Reading if you want to come for a look/blow. Collection preferred to avoid damage. Payment on collection also preferred. Thank you for looking. Please feel free to ask any questions. I'm looking for around £500 having looked at comparable sales on eBay.

Please let me know if you're interested and I will send you pictures by email.

Thanks