Life Divine - why isn't everyone reading this?

Promote your concert, contest or whatever you want
dannyboy

Life Divine - why isn't everyone reading this?

Post by dannyboy »

I only ask because I quite accidentally came across this book Life Divine by Rob and Phil Edwards recently and was surprised that no one I know has heard of it, and I know most people involved in banding in my local area.

Frankly, everyone should read this novel. I thought it summed up the life of those involved in banding, particularly if you have a "other half" who thinks of nothing else. It's extremely funny, moving, very true to life, and although I don't like the term I'd probably call it bitter-sweet. In fact, I've just gone on Amazon and ordered a copy for my dad. Talk about what to buy when you're stuck for a present for someone!

I'd be interested to know what others thought of it, as I think it's a perfect read for a bandsman or woman, and according to my mate after I lent it to him, and who knows nothing about banding "it's hilarious, now I know why you guys never miss a practice".

This is exactly the kind of thing we need. It's a bit different, it's about banding, it's a great present, and I thought it was a more entertaining story even than Brassed Off, which I must admit is the only other story about bands that I know.

Anyway, would appreciate you letting me know if you're aware of the book. Kind regards,