Women in brass bands....?!

Any on- or off-topic things you want to discuss, remember though it's a family forum!
ktdn1985

Post by ktdn1985 »

I maybe a bit late with this information. i live in the northwest of england and we have a band up here called The Trinity Girls brass band and they are the only all female brass band in britian they have been going for over 40 years now. they have a website.

hope this helps.

other information: i halp at my band's youth band and the youngsters there are maninly female does this show that males are losing interest or that girls are no able to play and given the chance more.
gcb_trombone

Post by gcb_trombone »

We;ve got a youth band which I'm helping out at now, and its quite evenly matched. same ratio of females to males.

I've noticed that with most bands that mkost females tend to play the smaller instruments - horn cornet etc. and the males are the bass end (no comments please.... 8) )

probably pointless all this but I thought I'd say it anyway...
Flugelia

Boobs and brass !

Post by Flugelia »

Haven't you heard about Boobs and Brass ?
These ladies only play for charities, and some of them were, ore are still, diagnosed with breast cancer. I heard that some of them once played with a perfusion (saline) in the arm... What an example !
I heard about them only in Listen To The Band, I never could meet them. But I thought they deserve a mention here in this topic.
Love to these ladies with pink coats.
Linda/Flugelia, Brussels.