Rebuildimg Catford Brassband

Any on- or off-topic things you want to discuss, remember though it's a family forum!
DH-Bromley

Rebuildimg Catford Brassband

Post by DH-Bromley »

Where are all the brass band players in Catford. I play in the smallest brassbound in the borough of Lewisham I think. At the Salvation Army in Catford there are only two member of the band left – (euphonium ) and my friend Les(cornet). I would love to find a few more members and just wondered if anyone out there would be interested in swelling the numbers. we have not practiced for a while but we do play in Catford citadel every Sunday with the help of a piano accompaniment - we would like to ditch the piano for some more brass. ….
Conn88h

Re: Rebuildimg Catford Brassband

Post by Conn88h »

Hello, I refer to your item ref Catford Band. It seems that quite a few Sa Bands throughout the country are slowly losing their numbers. This is due to either
people 'Passing On' or leaving the local district, also the lack of youngsters is painfully obvious. I am an EX Salvationist and attend and play with the band here in Rugby, the band has a total of 10 players,which is nearly one on a part, in the past years the band had up to 40 Players at one count ( sorry I cannot remember which year. The Sa at Rugby have given me a very warm welcome to sit in with the band. Playing with a smaller group is more demanding as there isn't the buoyancy you get when playing with a full band. I hope you can find more players at Catford.

Best wishes.

Nicholas Cooper.